Summit Business Analyst
You won't just be solving IT problems, you'll be working with our top-tier clients to help them meet their business needs through innovative solutions. You'll be a trusted advisor, helping our clients make better, informed decisions. How? Using in-depth consulting skills, business knowledge and solution expertise, you'll work directly with clients to select, implement, support and effectively integrate world-class technology solutions into their diverse business environments.
At IBM, you'll get experience with projects that span the globe, and work with the world's largest experienced services skill pool, in more than 170 countries worldwide. Join us!
- The Business Analyst acts as a customer proxy for the development team during the development of the product and works closely with the team on a daily basis
- Work as an integrated member of the development team with shared responsibility for delivery
- Analysis of new requirements from investment banks and translation into functional specifications for Summit developers
- Ensure the development team keep the product vision and strategy in mind during development
- Reviewing the acceptance tests associated with the acceptance criteria.
- Evolving the details of the user stories through conversations with the developers.
- Functional review of the product after each iteration
- Attending iteration retrospectives to provide feedback and improve the development process.
- Lead functional requirements gathering sessions with the business. Document and validate functional requirements with the business. Assist in the review of functional requirements with IT.
- Interface with business users to help define the business processes as well as gather, analyze, and document business requirements.
- Ensures the process outputs needed by the project team are created in a timely fashion including business and functional requirements, use cases, flow diagrams, etc.
- Tracks the key output documents and notifies the project team of changes and potential impacts to project requirements; initiates change request when needed. Support the Development Lead and the Project Manager to maintain the artifacts in Delivery Tracker on time
- Liaise with key stakeholders to determine priorities and challenges
- Define & manage business specifications end-to-end and act as facilitator between the Operations Change the bank team, IT and other areas such as reporting, finance, legal & compliance etc.
- Execute Analysis & Design in different stages of the project
- Detailed test planning and coordination of testing activities front-to-back in cooperation with other involved areas
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Study in areas of Actuary, Accounting, Risk Management, Capital Markets, Derivatives (Equity, Credit, Interest Rate), Fixed Income, Treasury, or FX Options
• Ability to translate business requirements to functional specifications
• Ability to work with application developers
• Strong English communication skills both written and verbal
• Understanding of the marketplace and current financial technology
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Bachelor or Masters Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, or Computer Sciences
• Client oriented
• Strong analytical skills
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top