Subject Matter Expert-Vmware Administrator
Your Role and Responsibilities
You and IBM India IBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace - We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Join a brand with a history of continuous re-invention, transforming itself throughout its 100-plus years. In the past five decades alone, IBM has ushered in the eras of the mainframe, the personal computer, IT services and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again leading the reordering of the technology industry. Business Unit Introduction Our IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and lead an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. Be it groundbreaking outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services - IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation. Who you are As VMware specialist, you are responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here. What will you do
- Upgrade and Maintain VMWare ESX and GSX servers and virtual sessions
- Work on major severity and complex server issues
- Provide Backup and restore VMWare servers and virtual sessions
- Drive RCA preparation and meeting SLA for RCA submission along with planning and implementing fixes / patches
- Performance and capacity management on VMWare servers and complex health check-ups
- Perform in 24 x 7 environment in shift roaster and attend calls whenever assigned
- Identify and recommend improvements to existing processes
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems
- Adhere to all the account specific technical as well as general process / procedures
- Ensure the Service Requests and all pre-requisite checks are followed diligently
Of misleading advertisements and fraudsters issuing 'Offer Letters', on behalf of IBM in exchange for a fee. We recommend you to Stay Alert. Read more here http://ibm.co/2fwBkyK. To avoid any instance of fraud, when receiving communication from IBM, look for this authentic IBM e-mail format: XYZ@in.ibm.com.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6+ years as VMware Server Administrator
- Proficient in controlling administrator rights on VM Infrastructure, Use of VMware Converter Enterprise and overview.
- Ability to setup of resource pools and a VMware Distributed Resources Scheduler (DRS) cluster, Resource Management, Resource Monitoring along with VMware High Availability (HA) cluster
- Proven experience in ESX Server Installation and configuration of virtual switches, network connections and port groups configure Storage
- Expertise in Virtual Center Installation and configuration and Installation of its components Perform Level 3 Support Esx Operating system
- Demonstrable experience in Install / Upgrade Esx platform environment
- Validated experience to support Level 3 OS monitoring Client Software, Backup and Recovery client, Client Software, automated Security, health checking client, OS monitoring
- Proficient in scripting ESX Server deployments for remote installation and security in a VMware Virtualized Environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top