- Guangzhou, China
As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
1. Participated in the strategic positioning research of enterprise customers, followed up the implementation of enterprise strategy, informatization blueprint, implementation path, IT governance, etc.;
2. Able to lead project members to complete project delivery independently on the basis of being familiar with project process; Conduct interviews, market research, strategy research, and participate in proposal writing and report submission. Produce project briefs, research reports and project delivery reports;
3. Daily contact and communication with customers, assist the executive layer to understand the strategic positioning and guide the implementation of the strategy, submit customer service briefing and follow up;
4. Assisted other departments of the company, took charge of briefing, customer strategic positioning research and follow-up of service information, and coordinated personnel from other departments to communicate with relevant customers.
5. Take on some sales responsibilities, including working with the customer team to explore new opportunities;
1. 8 years or above of IT strategy planning consulting experience;
2. Strong communication skills, quick learning and ability to deal with challenges;
3. Transportation, retail, real estate and finance background is preferred
4. Have high leadership potential, willing to make continuous progress in the company and assume different business roles in the future.
5. Years of management consulting background or project management experience is preferred, having provided consulting services for several large organizations;
6. Good project leadership, presentation and problem solving skills;
7. Familiar with cutting-edge IT technology, good at IT strategy consulting, strategic thinking, able to provide advice to senior management;
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
IT strategy skills, transportation, retail, real estate, finance and other industry background is preferred
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
IT strategy skills
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top