Strategy Consultant: Digital Business Strategy
Job type: Full-time Regular
Job role: Strategy Consultant
Department: IBM GBS Strategy and Transformation
With more than 60,000 consultants and professional staff in over 160 countries globally, IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is the world's largest consulting services organization. With the growing market needs, the team target to recruit elites who will be trained up to be our next generation leaders.
To be able to act as an advisor who provides consultative solutions to clients on their business operating model, business process improvement, operations transformations etc. The perfect candidate should possess broad business knowledge including but not limited to Business Strategy, Operating Tactics, Operations Transformation, Process Excellence and Efficiency, Finance and Risk, Organization and People.
1. Consulting Project delivery: Work as trusted business advisor for CEOs and other senior executives at the world's top companies, and lead sizable project teams to design business solutions that will help grow or transform the companies.
2. Business development: Build long term client relationship and engage in business development activities; Build solid internal network to promote and develop operation strategy business opportunities.
3. Team coaching and development: Assist to build up team capability in strategy and transformation areas; Provide coaching to other junior members of the team.
1. Good understanding of business and operation strategy knowledge, in-depth business function tactics and knowledge (such as sales & marketing, SCM, R&D or finance etc.)
2. Strategic and structural thinking, strong analytical skills and innovative approach to problems, relevant and solid experience in consulting methods and delivery is a plus.
3. Aggressive, self-motivated, fast learning team player, willing and able to work in multi-cultural environments.
4. Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
5. Prior management consulting and project management experience preferably with leading consultancy firms is a plus.
6. Solid and successful career track, at least 8 years working experience.
Expertise in some industry, delivering value and results for key clients
Skills in developing compelling proposals that meet delivery excellence requirements
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Bachelor's Degree, MBA is a plus.
- MBA or advanced degree from leading universities
- 3-8 years of business strategy and/or consulting experience
- Interested in digital technologies
- Fluent in English
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top