Strategy and Planning Program Manager
Reporting to RESO Head of Canada, in collaboration with North American RESO global:
The candidate is responsible for planning, oversight and strategy of Canadian Real Estate portfolio. Also responsible for managing RESO acquisitions, divestitures, business development, RFP responses and asset sales.
Selected candidate will be responsible for activities including:
- Providing support to Client Strategy Program Manager through the development of real estate strategy for owned and leased locations.
- Provide business case development and financial analysis for both internal IBM business units and with external agents, developers and landlords.
- Manage interlock with key stakeholders to insure alignment on strategy
- Canadian RESO lead for acquisitions and divestitures liaising with Corporate RESO and providing complete oversight for successful execution.
- Canadian RESO lead for development of responses to RFP's, and the preparation of associated business cases (example ITS, GTS). Engage closely with both the deal teams & financial approvers in support of the RFP.
- Canadian RESO lead for asset sales in collaboration with Corporate RESO
- Providing cross-organizational communication to ensure plans, schedules, key dependencies, progress to plan, etc. are understood and communicated
- Identify and secure necessary resources, support and information from corporate and outside sources.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• University graduate with Accounting designation, knowledge of RESO practices and business case development.
• Real Estate finance skills are extremely beneficial, or having worked in a real estate controller capacity
• Ability to work with a team, resolve disputes, move roadblocks and maneuver through the Corporation.
• Professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of real estate industry, lease terms & conditions, industry practices
• Understanding of technical infrastructure including electrical & mechanical elements, construction management, design drawings and space layouts
• Experience in Project Management
• English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Other Attributes Required:
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Ability to manage complex projects, including effectively managing project risk and change
• Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
• Successful change management experience
• Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
• Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
• Capacity to handle pressure.
• Willingness to travel
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top