Storage System Administrator
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
This role is performed by technical professionals who specialize in providing perform services to clients on hardware and software components
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain and Lead various storage solutions. Provide L3 Level technical support, guidance and direction for products supported
- Analyze and resolve called out problems. Ensure integrity of supported environment.
- Actively and pre-emptively figure out possible faults and causes by the execution of pre-determined health and operational check
- Managing Hands-on administration and operation of the Storage Area Network that supports the IBM Private Cloud infrastructure.
- Working for Storage management and optimization: upgrades, audits, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, migration, volume configuration and provisioning, SAN
How we will help you grow?
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to grow your expertise.
- You'll learn directly from experts in the field
- We wish you great success in your career and will encourage you to bring your best self to work with IBM.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 5+ years of experience Storage Administration
- Experience in installation, configuration and upgradation administration on Windows, UNIX and Linux environments
- Proficient in English ( you will be speaking English on your daily basis)
- Proficient in understanding the storage products and advance troubleshooting and Disaster Recovery activities
- Proven debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
- Experience working in collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top