Storage Specialist - SAN/NAS
Your future made with IBM
IBM Client Innovation Center Wroclaw & Katowice is now hiring experienced professionals!
Experience new and diverse professional challenges. Take your career further with IBM's Client Innovation Center Wroclaw & Katowice. Be part of a multicultural team that helps our clients to transform how their IT services are delivered. You will discover a friendly team-focused environment: an inspiring workplace that provides an open and collaborative culture. Enjoy varied and challenging work - and grow your expertise through training and career development tailored to you. Shape your future by joining a global team that has driven client success for more than 100 years.
In our company you will cooperate with IT specialists from Poland and other countries, improve your IT knowledge, language and communication skills. You will work in a place filled with a good atmosphere, in a beautiful city full of attractions and cheerful people. You will have an opportunity to work from the IBM office and remotely from home.
Come and work with us. Apply now for this position!
Resiliency Services is more known on the outside of IBM as Backup&Restore/Disaster&Recovery/Business Continuity Services. Wroclaw Resiliency Services CoE (Center of Excellence) Technical Team started shaping in the middle of 2016. Our mission is to take care about Resiliency Services infrastructure which is used as part managed services solutions being delivered for our customers.
Our team is divided on some main technology lines:
Ø Storage, SAN (Storage Area Network)
Ø Server - Wintel (Intel x86 architecture server operating systems and their components, virtualization layer)
Ø Server - Unix (Unix server systems installed on Intel x86 and POWER architecture, along with its hypervisor layer)
Ø Backup & Restore platforms (like IBM Spectrum Protect aka IBM Tivoli Storage Manager)
As a Storage Specialist in our team you will take care of:
- Maintaining infrastructure (Applying new firmware, patches, break fix, keeping documentation(inventory) up to date
- Installation/configuration/upgrade of new/current storage devices - subsystems, tape libraries and switches
- Daily administration (incident/change management creating/resolving) - allocation/de-allocation of storage, creating/removing zoning, storage migrations, user ID management
- Using/maintaining management tools - Network Advisor, SAN Health, DCNM
- Compliance/security (health checks - Ensuring that devices are compliant according to ITCS104 rules)
- Troubleshooting/debug of Storage SAN/Backup related issues
- internal and external training and certifications
- up-skilling programs, wide possibilities of skills' development
- multisport card
- private medical package (Medicover) and insurance package
- cinema, ski and mountain trips for IBMers
- holiday camps for children
- discounts for IBMers (for wide range of services/products)
- Social Fund benefits
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years of experience in Storage administration
- IBM Storage - V7000,
- Netapp - FAS series,
- Brocade - DCX series or Cisco - MDS series
- Good English skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- IBM Storage - DS series including DS8000, V7000, SVC, XIV
- Netapp - FAS series Brocade - DCX series,
- Cisco - MDS series, knowledge of flashcopy, replication
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top