Storage Solutions Sales Specialist / Dallas, TX
IBM Global Markets is currently seeking a Storage Solutions Sales Specialist for Systems Hardware. This position is responsible for driving sales of IBM's Software Defined Storage technologies including Flash, Cloud Object Storage, Spectrum Software Suite and a full storage portfolio for the Distribution (Travel / Transportation / Retail) Market in Dallas, TX.
Storage Specialists are consultants to IBM clients. They deliver industry centric business solutions to clients of all sizes and markets. As a client-facing, sales professional, you will be guided by IBM's purpose - to be essential to its clients; help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven hardware, software defined (SDSS) and Hybrid cloud-based storage solutions. We are seeking individuals interested in making an impact in selling IBM's Storage portfolio.
- Use business acumen to understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with IBM Technical and Services teams to define, design, and detail the aspects and feasibility of proposed integrated solutions
- Work with the technical team to deliver effective Proof of Concept (POC), Proof of Technology (POT), support critical situations
- Actively engage with clients to develop the trust and credibility to help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions
- Apply IBM brand strategies and offerings, methods and models, to ensure world-class design and delivery
- Demonstrated level of business acumen as it applies to the client's business
- Skilled in provocative consultative selling, with an understanding of the client's needs and IBM capabilities
- Commercially minded and capable of supporting end-to-end sales engagements with the ability to think, plan and act strategically
- Extensive networking and interpersonal skills in complex environments
- Self-starter with eagerness to seek and build new skills
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 4 years' experience in IT Sales
- At least 3 years' experience selling storage hardware and/or software products
- Basic knowledge of IBM (Flash, Software Defined Storage, COS) and competitive storage products
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 5 years' experience in IT Storage Solution sales
- In depth knowledge of IBM (Flash, Software Defined Storage, COS) and competitive storage products
- Enterprise and Commercial Accounts experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top