Storage SAN Specialist
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of and access to our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The candidate needs to justify experience in
• Supporting existing storage infrastructures
• Installing, configuring and maintaining storage infrastructure
• Daily monitoring of the environment and support in case of issues
• Performing data migrations
• Providing technical guidance for the whole storage team
• Providing storage architecture work
• Providing management reports
• Providing performance analysis reports and troubleshooting
• Running storage projects (PM skills)
• The candidate needs to :
• Be able to work in team
• Be resistant to stress
• Be flexible for working time (unplanned activities , week ends, on call)
• Have the needed attitude to represent IBM in front of our customers.
• Justify at least 5 years experience in a similar environment.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
The candidate needs to have a broad experience with SAN / storage technologies, IBM Storage Subsystems
- IBM DS8870 / DS888x
- SVC (SAN Volume Controller) (Standard topology and Enhanced Stretched Cluster)
- Storwize V7000 / V5000 (Standard topology and Hyperswap)
- FlashSystem A9000
- CISCO MDS and Brocade SAN switches
- Spectrum Control
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top