Storage Partner Technical Advocate (SADC)
- Johannesburg, South Africa
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In general, a Storage PreSales is expected to be capable of working independently, or as a member of a team, or leading a team in performing a technical role in supporting the IBM Storage Product sales and providing IT Solution and/or technical support for the client. The person is expected to have analytical ability and creativity in developing the IT Solution and supporting the closing of the STG opportunities. The person must delivers high quality and workable solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements. Performs many assigned technical tasks including assessment study & analysis, sizing & capacity planning, solution design, competitive analysis, technical & solution presentation, and product technical hands-on skill for supporting Demo, PoC and Benchmark activities. Has product, technology, or industry-related specialized skills and regularly works with requirements identification, proposal development, and execute the activities (presentation, PoC, Benchmarking, etc) to ensure customer aknowledged and convinced on the advantages of the solution proposed by IBM.
For the specific assignment as a Storage Partner Technical Advocate (PTA), the Storage PreSales is expected to be capable in managing and developing the Business Partners and support the Partners in providing the IBM Storage Solution for the client.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understand the IBM Storage Product Solution Portfolio from Low End, Mid Range, and Enterprise.
- Understand the Storage Virtualization Solution Concept and Active-Active Solution Concept.
- Understand the Business Continuity Solution Concept, covering Data Protection, Backup Recovery, and Disaster Recovery.
- Understand the Storage and Data Management Software Solution
- Understand the Storage Defined Environment Solution Concept
- Well organized, structured and able to articulate the IT solution and relate it with clients needs technically and commercially.
- Highly confidence and capable in delivering the presentation to the client at ANY levels, including C-level.
- Highly experienced in managing and winning the competitive situation.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Capable to do Performance Tuning and Performance Analysis
- Understand the Storage Solution Trend, Direction, Competitiveness and Positioning
- Understand the IT Infrastructure Solution Concept, covering Server and all other related IT peripherals and solution
- Understand the CAMSS (Cloud, Business Analytic, Mobile, Social Business, and Security) Solution Concept
- Have capability to do the TCO Analysis
- Mastering IBM Storage Solution
- Mastering EMC, HDS, and Netapps
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
Affirmative Action and/or EE candidates will be given first preference as per our employment equity strategies.
Back to top