Storage Engineer with TS7700 and DS8800
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
IBM is seeking a Storage Engineer/Administrator. You will support our client as a service project and then transition to the Storage Engineering Team. This position requires advanced knowledge IBM TotalStorage Virtual Tape systems, IBM DS8000, Brocade SAN, FCIP protocol, and FICON protocol. The project role will involve implementation of VTL TS7700 and DS8800 storage systems for a Mainframe as a Service offering based out of IBM's Raleigh NC data center. Post-implementation, the role will move to the clients storage team. Strong analytical and process oriented skills are preferred, especially with regards to configuration management and trouble-shooting within a complex enterprise environment. You're expected to bring enterprise storage management experience and perspective to the organization. You should also have knowledge of Storage Resource Management tools, technologies and techniques. Proven experience within a distributed server environment of at least 50 servers is ideal.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of relevant technical administration experience of storage arrays and switches, to include VTL TS 7700 and DS8800.
- 3+ years previous experience supporting hybrid enterprises that include mainframe and distributed systems with complicated business drivers and multiple stakeholders.
- 3+ years of experience with advanced provisioning practices to improve storage allocations, utilization, and transition requirements off legacy storage devices.
- Infinidat storage array experience.
- Veritas NetBackup experience.
- IBM Spectrum Protect (Tivoli Storage Manager).
- Linux storage administration is a plus.
- Ability to meet security clearance requirements for Customs and Border Protection.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 7+ years of relevant technical administration experience of storage arrays and switches.
- 5+ years previous experience supporting complicated projects with complicated business drivers and multiple stakeholders.
- NetApp certified (NCSA)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top