Storage & Data Solutions Sales-First Line Manager (Chicago, IL)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Markets is currently seeking qualified applicants for a First Line Manager position to lead the Storage & Data Solutions Sales team for new business. This position is responsible for developing new business and managing the revenue and profit of IBM's Storage & Data Solutions sales team within a specific geographic region.
The Storage and Data Solutions Sales Manager will have to manage a multi-state team of both sales and technical sellers in new business territories. IBM Storage & Data Solutions sales specialists are consultants to IBM clients who deliver industry centric business solutions to clients of all sizes and markets. As a client-facing, sales professional, and people leader, you will be guided by IBM's purpose - to be essential to its clients; help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven hardware, industry leading software defined (SDSS) and integrated hybrid cloud-based storage solutions. We are looking for leaders, game changers, and challenge seekers who are interested in making an impact in selling IBM's Storage & Data Management solutions portfolio to the one of the industry's most dynamic client bases.
- Leverage business acumen to understand the client's business strategies, requirements, technical requirements and competitive landscape.
- Lead and Collaborate with IBM Software and Services teams to help them to define, design, and detail the aspects and feasibility of proposed integrated solutions - from design, implementation, solution pricing, final execution and ultimate client success.
- Work with the technical team to deliver effective Proof of Concept (POC), Proof of Technology (POT), support critical situations.
- Actively engage with clients to develop the trust and credibility to help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven AI, cognitive and hybrid cloud technology solutions within the Storage and Data Management product portfolio.
- Apply industry expertise, competitive knowledge, cross-functional leadership and creative vision to drive integrated IBM brand strategies and offerings, methods and models, to ensure world-class design and delivery.
- People & Team Management experience.
- Demonstrated level of business acumen as it applies to the client's business and working with business partners to execute solutions.
- Demonstrated level of personal and cross unit leadership skills; able to scale across teams in and not within management chain.
- Skilled in provocative consultative selling with an understanding of the client's needs, IBM's integrated capabilities, and hybrid cloud strategy.
- Commercially minded and capable of supporting end-to-end sales engagements with the ability to think, plan, and act strategically.
- Extensive networking and interpersonal skills in complex and highly diverse environments.
- Self-starter with eagerness to seek and build new skills while adapting to the fluidity of the market and technology shifts.
Preferred candidates should live in the city of Chicago, IL, or surrounding suburbs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 10 years of experience in IT Sales.
- At least 5 years of experience selling storage hardware and/or software products.
- Understanding and knowledge of IBM Storage and Data Management solution portfolio (Flash, Software Defined Storage, COS) and market competitive storage technologies.
- People & Cross-Functional Team Management experience.
- Subordinate mentoring and guidance experience.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience selling storage hardware and software solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of IBM's Storage and Data Management Solution portfolio (Flash, Software Defined Storage, Cloud Object Storage, etc.), market competitive storage, and data management solution products.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top