Storage & Cloud support specialist 2nd/3rd level
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Data has been growing, and we need a place to store them! DS8000, EMC, HP Eva, RAIDs... Do you have already any experience with them? Or have you at least heard about them? Do you also want to experience Cloud solutions in a flexible corporate environment, while having a career perspective?
THIS IS IT! #IBMBRNO.
Our Client Innovation Center provides high-value services by bringing together an outstanding talent pool to help global leaders solve some of their most challenging problems. It is the best place where to use and develop your skills and potential. Join us and discover what you can make of this moment.
Positions as the Storage Engineer or Storage Administrator will provide you many opportunities to be part of projects, apply logical thinking and common sense. You can prove your leadership skills with your experience in complex, critical infrastructure environments.
You will have the ability to closely engage with customers, establish plans and ensure that components in Storage Environments are implemented, maintained, optimized and used effectively. Wintel, Unix, Linux, DB2, Oracle, SAP are just some of the technologies that you will be a part of!
Your role will be:
- Administration of multiple SAN Storage Arrays and Fabrics.
- Monitoring and analyzing performance statistics to produce recommendations for the environment.
- Planing, scheduling and performing proactive maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades and patch installation
- Providing input into operational best practices and suggesting improvements to the existing environment.
- Analyzing impact of SAN&NAS network systems and components for the technical infrastructure
Work is on Central shift requiring participation in on-call rotation.
As an IBM employee, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- 5 weeks of paid vacation
- Elaborate education program for each employee - training during the work career, courses are lead by professional lectors; e-learning education; flexible education plan for each job position
- Strong career opportunities
- Access to Hi-tech; MAC@IBM
- Above standard Medical Care
- Discounts in Sports, Culture, Healthcare, Childcare, Finance, Electronics
- Global Travel and Life insurance
- Contribution to the Pension fund
- IBM stock purchase plan
You will have the opportunity to:
- Join our Succeeding@IBM Program - a structured on-boarding and development program
- Become part of our diverse and multinational community and collaborate within global and local teams
- Gain knowledge and develop skills through our world-class trainings
- Benefit from mentoring and coaching
- Balance your work with your life and enjoy a flexible working environment
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge of multiple SAN / NAS Storage environment
- Minimum 3 years experience in the administration of windows NT/2000 or Unix/Linux systems.
- Good analytical skills
- Spoken & written English: Intermediate (or better)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in network administration
- Minimum 2 year experience in Storage (minimum 1 year SAN storage)
- Knowledge of zoning in large switched fabric environment (Brocade , McData)
- Experience in installing and configuring multipathing software , SDD , PCMSDD
- Experience with IBM SAN storage (DS, N series) , IBM Storage virtualization (SVC)
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's this unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top