Storage Client Technical Specialist
- Jakarta, Indonesia
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM is currently seeking a Storage Client Technical Specialist. This position is responsible for the technical pre-sales of IBM Storage Solutions Portfolio in Indonesia. Client Technical Specialists are technical consultants to IBM clients, IBM sales teams and IBM Business Partners. They deliver industry centric business solutions to clients of all sizes and markets. As a client-facing, technical pre-sales professional, you will be guided by IBM's purpose - to be essential to its clients; help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven hardware, software-defined storage (SDS) and Hybrid cloud-based storage solutions. We are seeking individuals interested in making an impact on selling IBM's Storage portfolio.
- Use technical business acumen to understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Manage Proof of Concepts (POC), Proof of Technology (POT), support critical situations.
- Actively engage with clients to develop the trust and credibility to help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology storage solutions.
- Apply IBM brand strategies and offerings, methods and models, and solution design and delivery.
- Demonstrated level of business acumen as it applies to the client's business and working with business partners to execute solutions.
- Skilled in provocative consultative selling, with an understanding of the client's needs and IBM capabilities.
- Commercially minded and capable of supporting end-to-end sales engagements with the ability to think, plan and act strategically.
- Extensive networking and interpersonal skills in complex environments.
- Self-starter with eagerness to seek and build new skills storage sales.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 7 years of experience in IT Technical Solutions Pre-Sales.
- At least 5 years of experience in Storage Systems and SAN/NAS technologies, Storage Software Pre-Sales.
- Basic knowledge of IBM (Flash, Software Defined Storage, COS) and competitive storage products.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of experience selling flash and cloud storage solutions
- In-depth knowledge of IBM Storage Software and Hardware, such as IBM Spectrum portfolio, FlashSystem, DS8000, Storwize, and IBM Cloud Object Storage and other storage platforms.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top