Storage and Resiliency SME CRT
IBM is the world's largest information technology company, with more than 100 years of leadership in helping businesses innovate. Drawing on resources from across IBM and key business partners, IBM offers a variety of services, solutions and technologies that enable customers, large and small, to jointly achieve a Smarter Planet.
The role of Critical Response Team (CRT) Storage and Resiliency Subject Matter Expert (SME) is a critical client-facing technical engineering role.
There are 2 primary objectives from the CRT team:
#1 Service recovery during critical Client-Impacting outage Events. Utilizing GTS best practices, standards, and GTS bespoke tools.
#2 Proactive Technical Health Checks (THC) of client services with the object of identifying deviations against best practices and risks within client environments.
The secondary aspect to this role is the identification of pervasive problems across the wider client-base, identifying opportunities to build automation to detect and remediate these deviations.
With functional reporting into the CritSit Response Team Squad Leader, the Storage and Resiliency SME role is a technical Subject Matter Expertise role, requiring proven and significant subject matter expertise during Client Impacting Events (CIEs) and THCs. The Storage and Resiliency SME will be able to authoritatively demonstrate technical depth in one or more storage technologies as well as proficiency in Resiliency Services including backup technologies and/or disaster recovery technologies.
The Storage and Resiliency SME will have demonstrated leadership of a team of Storage and/or Resiliency Services Administrators, and the ability to work with platform SMEs.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Deep subject matter expertise in one or more Storage technologies (IBM storage and products from other storage vendors such as EMC etc) or Resiliency solutions (IBM Spectrum protect, TSM, or products from other vendors such as Networker Backup) - 10+ years
- Technical leadership skills - 3+ years
- Strong communication and documentation skills with the ability to problem solve and work with clients, stakeholders and management in a consultative manner.
- Fluent English (Spoken and Written)
- Flexibility to travel 50%+
- Flexibility to work extended hours as necessary
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Vendor certification (Brocade, Cisco, IBM - Product Certification)
- Subject matter expertise in additional technical disciplines (Cloud, Security, etc)
- ITIL Process Certification
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top