Storage Administrator Mainframe 2nd and 3rd level
Storage Team is responsible for maintaining DFSMS and its components, managing backups and restores and monitoring HW.
• Monitor, maintain and do upgrades and changes Storage environment. ( DASD, VTS, TAPES, DFSMS, datasets)
• Troubleshoot and solve space related issues
• Test GDPS / PPRC on the yearly upgrades in each environment.
• Understand implemented Backup and Recovery Process and perform backup / restore based on the request
• Automation and optimisation of the storage environment
• JCL Job Coding
• Provide reports - regular or requested by customer
• Participate in analysing, planning and implementation of (strategic) upgrades to the storage environment.
• Participate in CRIT-sits related to storage management disciplines
• At least 2 years experience in Mainframe (zSeries)
• Knowledge of JCL, REXX, ACS language
• Knowledge of storage management related software (IBM or OEM) - DFHSM, DFRMM, DFSMS, OAM, ATAM, TDAM, TLMS, CA1
• Support advanced copy services technologies ( PPRC, FlashCopy, XRC, GDPS, Hyperswap)
• Understand and operate IBM storage hardware disk & tapes - DS8000, TS3500, TS7700 etc.
• Understand the principle components of Parallel Sysplex and the z/OS operating system and be able to operate within this
• English: Intermediate
- Broad education and development opportunities which include training and/or professional certifications
- Additional 5 days paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Transparent career path and potential for growth within a leading IT company
- Various benefits/discounts/offerings for sports, massages, financial services and others
- Languages classes (free of charge)
- Discounts for IBMers
- Private medical package and insurance package
Please, take in consideration, that should your application be successful, our recruiters will contact you within 14 days.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top