Sr. Software Engineer - Performance
Aspera, an IBM company is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world's data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented, Emmy® award-winning FASP™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera's core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. Organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets.
High-profile users include James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment who relied on Aspera software for moving massive visual effects files across continents during the production of Avatar, Netflix who receive all their video content directly to their cloud infrastructure via Aspera On Demand and BGI, the world's largest genome research organization where Aspera solutions are used to enable global collaboration between scientists across the globe.
We are seeking an extremely talented Senior Software Engineer with superb design and implementation skills to join our performance engineering team, with an emphasis on building the next generation platform for Aspera's high performance transfer technology integrating with cloud object stores and providing automatic configuration, scaling and management.
As a key member of our engineering team, you will have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction, conception, and implementation of our core protocols and new products in the next generation platform for Aspera's transfer technology integrating with cloud object stores, cloud based applications and provide automatic configuration, scaling (for millions of users) and management. The job is ideal for an experienced C/C++ Engineer interested in an open-ended challenge in a company with cutting edge cloud based technology, and an opportunity to make a difference in terms of technical invention and market impact.
Candidates with new product development and a strong research background are encouraged to apply!!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 4 years of professional software development experience, or 2 years for M.S. applicants.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ (Java a plus), and experienced with standard Unix, Mac and/or Windows development environments and tools.
- Proven experience building highly robust, scalable software systems - Experience targeting software performance improvements is a big plus.
- Software benchmarking/profiling experience (custom code instrumentation and analysis tools).
- Experience developing for large-scale, distributed software platforms with knowledge of modern cloud storage platforms, APIs is a plus.
- Experience with Systems/Network programming is desired.
- Packet-level network analysis experience is a plus.
- Information-security experience including the design and implementation of authentication, encryption and data-integrity approaches is a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top