Sr. Software Engineer – Client Apps
Aspera, an IBM company is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world's data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented, Emmy® award-winning FASP™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer experience. Aspera's core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete security and uncompromising reliability. Organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets.
High-profile users include James Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment who relied on Aspera software for moving massive visual effects files across continents during the production of Avatar, Netflix who receive all their video content directly to their cloud infrastructure via Aspera On Demand and BGI, the world's largest genome research organization where Aspera solutions are used to enable global collaboration between scientists across the globe.
The Cloud and Apps team at Aspera is seeking a Sr. Engineer (C++) to help us build next generation Client Apps (Linux, MacOS and Windows) focused on a variety of desktop platforms to be used by our top tier customers worldwide: Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Netflix, Warner Bros., Disney, The Olympic Committee (to name a few) and many more for deployment to millions of users! We are looking for a highly effective individual that can help deliver next generation Apps.
- Develop highly engaging large scale applications that emphasize our high speed transfer capabilities
- Build next generation product offerings for the entire Aspera portfolio
- Work collaboratively with other members of a small, fast-moving team
- Write functional and unit tests to ensure correct operation of applications and libraries
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Minimum of a Bachelors Degree Computer Science/Engineering or other technical discipline required;
- 4+ years developing experience (Preferably in consumer-facing products)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Strong background in C++ required
- Experience with C, C# and .Net a plus
- Specific experience building large-scale, distributed software platforms with specific knowledge of modern cloud storage platforms, APIs is a plus
- Experience with OAuth, single-sign on, embedded web browsers a plus
- Experience with Networking, TCP/IP is desired
- Minimum BSc degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (MSc preferred) or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with Cocoa/Win32/Qt or other GUI APIs
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top