Sr. Software Engineer
Your Role and Responsibilities
Application programming interfaces (API) are the digital glue that links services, applications, sensors and mobile devices to create compelling customer experiences and help businesses tap into new market opportunities. They allow you to bring new digital services to market, open revenue channels and exceed customer expectations. The IBM API Connect is an API management solution that addresses critical aspects of the API lifecycle for both on-premises and cloud environments providing the capability to create, run, manage and secure APIs and microservices. Our team is part of the development group that develops, deploys, and operates the cloud, dedicated and local form factors of the product. In addition we are involved in all the customer support and efforts to ensure that our customers are satisfied and successful.
As a Sr Software Engineer, the following duties and responsibilities are required:
- Strong Linux/Networking skills
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and microservices based technologies.
- Experience with storage solutions like Ceph, Gluster Block
- Design of new software product features
- Development (coding) of new software product features
- Testing of new software product features
- Diagnosis (debugging) and resolution of software product defects
- Software product quality improvement activities, including
- creation of test cases to validate new function or minimize the risk of regressions
- code refactoring (improving the structure or design of existing code without affecting its external behavior)
- Participation in the planning and sizing of work as part of a software development team
- Creation and improvement of software product documentation
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- In-depth understanding of fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving.
- Programming experience in building high quality software as a full stack engineer.
- Familiarity with cloud based providers: Softlayer, AWS, Azure, google compute, etc
- Scripting and deployment topology knowledge: python, shell, ansible, chef, puppet, etc
- Familiarity with various technologies: docker, elasticsearch, logstash, kibana, couchDB, Cassandra, etc
- Fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Exposure to tools like git for source code control.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Demonstrate strong understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Analytical and communication skills
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Passion for handling technical challenges and be goal and results oriented
- Excellent communication skills and technical knowledge to advise and help customers with problems.
- Proven listening, detail-oriented thinking, and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in highly collaborative global organization
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top