Sr. Security Managing Consultant
Security Operations Center (SOC) / Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Consulting takes a holistic approach to assessing a client's business security requirements. This allows them to develop supporting strategies, roadmaps and architectures to help establish an enterprise-wide security and risk management program.
This position is a technical consulting position leading all phases of SOC and SIEM design and implementation. This position acts as a trusted partner to clients, including C suite executives. The position not only leads the delivery of consulting engagements but also supports pre-sales activities, including request for proposal responses and pre-sales consulting. Mentoring and training of other SIEM Consultants may be required. While this position leads engagements focused on SOC and SIEM technologies (i.e. Q Radar), a broad knowledge of security technologies, processes and strategies is required and with demonstrated knowledge of security incident management and security operations. In addition, the role includes designing and implementing solutions for clients to help address security issues discovered during the Security assessments and helping to identify security technology solutions to enhance our clients' security posture and maturity levels.
The ideal candidate would have the following (among others):
- At least 5 years experience in professional services (providing consulting for end clients)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to be a trusted partner with senior management and C suite executives
- Certified in Information Security, CISSP, CISA or CISM
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (Verbal and Written)
- At least 5 years experience in Information Security Consulting focusing on SOC Roadmap assessment, SIEM Architecture, SOC / SIEM Optimization etc.
- At least 5 years of experience in one the following products - Q Radar, Arcsight, Splunk etc
- At least 5 years experience in Technology Risk, IT and/or Information Security and Risk and IT Security Architecture
- At least 3 years experience in network and endpoint infrastructure security technologies, specializing in product-based consulting, architecture and implementation
- Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
- At least 8 years experience in Information Security Consulting
- At least 8 years experience in Q Radar architecture, design and implementation.
- At least 8 years experience in SOC Consulting, roadmap assessment, optimization etc.
- At least 8 years experience in Technology Risk, IT and/or Information Security and Risk and IT Security Architecture
- At least 4 years experience in in network and endpoint infrastructure security technologies, specializing in product-based consulting, architecture and implementation
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top