Sr. Product Manager - Managed Network Security Services
Cybersecurity is one of the most critical issues of our generation. No other company has the powerful combination of talent, industry-leading security technology, global reach and cognitive capabilities, powered by Watson, to combat the cybersecurity threat. This is more than just a job. If you want to help protect the world's cyber infrastructure and transform the security industry, we want to hear from you.
For decades, IBM has been a leader in providing the security technology and services needed to protect customer computing environments around the world. We're making significant investments to develop next generation security solutions and set the standard in the industry for protecting hybrid environments.
We have terrific opportunities at the intersection of security and enterprise cloud. Come join IBM!
IBM is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Managed Network Security Services to join our global Security Services team. Joining IBM Security gives you the opportunity to:
- Work with leading threat prevention technologies using threat intelligence to secure network perimeter and endpoints dynamically
- Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize security for hybrid workloads on-premises and in the cloud
- Be involved in the fast growing, cyber security space while working for a company that's the recognized leader in the enterprise security space - learn from the experts.
In this position, you'll play a central role leading and orchestrating the definition of product requirements and go-to-market strategy to solve the security challenges of enterprise customers with highly distributed on-premises and cloud workloads. This role will require coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of our organization. You'll work with our clients, partners, other vendors, and operational stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents.
The successful candidate must have exceptional communication skills, problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience influencing cross-functional teams. We are looking for someone with a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambitious projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid business and technical background, and the candidate should be client-focused with a passion for delivering iconic client experiences.
- Launch the vision, product strategy and road map for IBM security services offerings and work with key stakeholders in the company to deliver on that vision, e.g. marketing, sales, service delivery, product teams, channel partners, international operating teams, etc.
- Define requirements based on an intimate knowledge of specific market segments, target customers, and product category.
- Lead and execute the strategy for security services that appeal to unique needs and requirements of enterprise customers, with an emphasis on the delivered customer experience.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution including business case creation, offering definition, materials development, pricing, delivery readiness, sales training and the overall performance of the offering in the market.
- Develop and maintain market definition, sizing, and direction.
- Conduct primary and secondary research regarding your service areas with prospects and customers.
- Team with IBM and non-IBM technology partners as it relates to their technology being leveraged as part of IBM's Managed Network Security Service.
- Work with local and regional offering management leadership and sales leadership around the world to understand and track the health and adoption of services and gather feedback.
- Responsible for the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to ensure that sales, delivery, and channel teams have what they need to be successful.
- Support sales by enabling business development and sales teams, supporting calls with key clients, and helping to identify opportunities to increase that success.
- Establish goals and review metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success.
- Research and identify new opportunities for IBM Security to innovate on behalf of our customers.
- Support press and analyst activities as required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Deep experience in product management including development, launch and life-cycle execution for network devices and endpoint security
- Experience partnering with technology vendors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve aggressive business objectives
- Proven ability to synthesize complex issues and opinions into simple stories
- Attention to details, proactive self-starter
- Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
- Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion in an iterative way
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
Work location for this position is Cambridge, MA. Must be willing to travel approximately 25%. Some international travel could be required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 8 years of experience in Product Development, Product Management, Product Marketing and/or Consulting in areas of network security, endpoint security, and other threat management technologies.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 10 years of experience in Product Development, Product Management, Product Marketing and/or Consulting in areas of cybersecurity or other relevant IT offering area.
- Experience with automation of network and endpoint device management
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top