Sr Manager, Global Client Lead and Quantum Applications Research
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Join an elite team driving research and development of the industry's most advanced quantum computing hardware and software and helping our clients research quantum computing solutions to their most pressing business challenges.
Lead a Quantum Applications research team that is working to identify problems that show promise for quantum advantage, engage in joint research to develop proof-of-concept implementations of quantum solutions, and develop software implementing these solutions. You will be given significant autonomy and flexibility, and are expected to deliver meaningful impact to our business and partners.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Overall people management responsibilities for the Quantum Applications Research team
- Provide project management for IBM Q Network Joint Development partnerships
- Lead application research joint development workshops and create content for technical engagement model to scale client engagements
- Develop materials for Quantum Computing engagement discussions
- Lead Client Technical Leads and the strategy to scale client engagement, content creation and skills training in partnership with the community team
- Hire and train staff to support IBM Q Network expansion- Consider project proposals, evaluate feasibility and balance workload across the teams
- Generate ideas to continuously improve the efficiency of the team and continue to evaluate growth strategy aligned with partner needs
- Ability to creatively tackle complex problems
- Ability to articulate complex concepts to diverse audiences
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-up skills
- Quick learner with an independent growth mindset
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years experience focused on quantum computation, quantum information, or quantum physics
- 5+ years experience outside of academia. Will accept Academic leadership roles, professor etc.
- 2+ years management experience
- 2+ years experience working in a matrixed organization driving deliverables across diverse teams
- Proven leadership with high-performance technical teams and responsibility to executive stakeholders
- Project management experience with complex technical deliverables
- Minimum Masters Degree in Physics, Computer Science, or related fields, with a focus on quantum computation, quantum information, or quantum physics
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with joint development, Industry domain expertise
- PhD in Physics, Computer Science, or related fields, with a focus on quantum computation, quantum information, or quantum physics
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top