Sr. Infrastructure Architect
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Public Service Sector consulting practice is a trusted advisor to federal, state and local governments, partnering to meet challenges and responding quickly to citizen demands, business needs, new economic conditions, and changing legislative priorities and policies.
This position is for a Sr. Infrastructure Architect. The primary responsibilities for this role are to:
- Develop and extend the MeF infrastructure architecture
- maintain the infrastructure lifecycle documentation and infrastructure requirements,
- support migration from Solaris to Linux, provide direction for moving to the Cloud
- make recommendations for increasing DevOps maturity.
This work location for this role is in Germantown, MD. Candidates must be clearable to an IRS Minimum Background Investigation to begin work.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Develop infrastructure architectures for large, complex programs - 10+ years
- Experience maintaining infrastructure requirements and traceability against business and application requirements for large, complex Java EE applications- 3+ years
- Experience with information security for large, highly sensitive Java applications - 2+ years
- Experience with CM tools, such as Rational ClearCase - 3+ years
- Experience developing (V)ROM estimates in response to requests for new work - 3+ years
- Experience with infrastructure products, including JBoss EAP, IBM MQ, and IBM BigFix - 2+ years
- Experience with migrating from one Unix variant to the Linux platform - 3+ years
- Experience migrating applications to the cloud - 3+ years
- A IRS Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) is required in Day 1
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience maintaining requirements in DOORS NG - 2+ years
- Experience with CMMI Level 3 Process Areas - 2+ years
- Experience with Agile Lean methodologies - 2+ years
- Experience with Jenkins - 2+ years
- Experience with IaC tools such as Puppet/Chef/Ansible - 2+ years
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top