Sr. Event Strategist
Startups are exciting. That's why we've never stopped. For over a century IBM has been a company of inventors and innovators. We power the most important industries on the planet
from finance to telecommunications to scientific research. You may not know it but there's hardly a part of your daily life that isn't touched by an IBM Systems client.
You're a multichannel marketing innovator and you know all the channels - digital, email, marketing automation, lead nurturing, paid media, SEO, events, print - you name it. So, let's talk about what you'll do. At IBM Systems, you'll invent things. A new way to tell a story. A smarter strategy. Better ways of working. You'll be part of a top performing team who has fun, learns from failures and innovates every day. (You don't get to be 105 years old any other way.)
The IBM Systems team has first dibs on just about every cool pilot in the company. We're design thinkers who get to spend time honing new skills. We've changed the way IBM does marketing. Oh yeah, and we make mainframes - the Big Iron beneath the hood of just about everything big anyone's ever done with data - and all the data storage and software that it takes to build the next gen IT infrastructure that can think, learn, predict, and compete in the cognitive era. For most, the future is coming. At IBM Systems, we're already delivering it.
If you like the idea of working on a legendary brand - yes, the one that invented the typewriter, the personal computer, the mainframe, and put a man on the moon - then come create with us and help amplify our voice.
IBM Systems leads in transformation. What we do for our clients, we're doing for ourselves all the time: reinventing, learning what it takes to stay ahead of technological shifts and building what comes next. We're good at change because we've never been afraid of it. If you're the same, join us in our next big reveal.
About Your Role
You are proven in event strategy, planning and production. You'll join our World Wide marketing team to create experiential event strategy, as well as build and execute events, that set IBM Power Systems apart from the competition. The ideal candidate will be organized and possess exceptional strategy, management, and execution skills.
- Design, build and execute an exceptional experience inclusive of proprietary and non-proprietary events with a focus on differentiating IBM globally.
- Drive demand by creating a customer experience that delights and engages, builds the brand, and extends our reach through content marketing and digital technology.
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop content, messaging, and surround elements (digital, social) for the key events.
- Develop and analyze event leads and follow-up programs, constantly testing new ways to drive more leads and more conversions.
- Apply analytics and insights to better understand attendees, their behaviors & interests, and improve engagement
driving the continual optimization of future events, strategies, and plans.
- Establish and manage budgets to maximize return on marketing investment by optimizing efforts through iteration and experimentation.
- Act as the IBM Power Systems Events lead on WW Diamond Teams and liaison to IBM Systems extended geography teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7+ years in event strategy and execution roles.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills: experience working across multiple organization, executive leadership, and external agencies to manage event strategy.
- Basic knowledge of Marketing Automation / Optimization Tools.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top