Squad Leader- Client & Industry, FSS I Market
The Squad Leader is responsible for the execution of the Client & Industry squads. The leader is responsible for the accuracy of the deliverables, compliance and timely turnaround for the seller requests. The leader has an important role in the relationship with the sellers and is accountable for the six key metrics. They have responsibility to establish a strong and fluid relationship with the sales organization and serve as a consultant on the execution feasibility of the requests. This role has people management responsibility for 2 squads (~20 people) and is responsible for talent and skills management for STS employees within the squad. This leader will serve to build relationships with peer leaders in other squads, as well as clients supported. They remove barriers and enable work, manage demand from a single prioritized funnel ensuring optimal workload balancing, participate in tactical Kaizen, and ensure the teams have the necessary tools to be successful. This leader will also manage the squad budget, handle people management escalations, and ensure the funnel of work is optimized and that the risk management is sound. Monitor industry best practices for servant leadership and benchmark their teams against competitors. This leader needs to be able to drive continuous improvement in STS support to the business. Coach and enable employees to help cultivate alignment with STS Agile revolution.
• Leadership - Providing direction and priority
• Leadership - cross country management
• Building & Coaching Effective Teams
• Effective communication, keenness to detail, analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
• Client focused and understanding squad priorities
• Business Performance Management
• Ability to change and embrace new challenges and drive new way of working
• Strong adaptability and ability to make important changes quickly
• Ability to attract, inspire and retain competent and committed people
• Speed in execution and ability to recognize opportunities and act quickly
• Ability to engage and connect and with good insight on customers' requirements
The squads this individual will lead is responsible for highly complex transactions for a set of IBM's Top Clients. These squads will handle transactions from all business units, as a result the squad leader will need to interface with multiple business unit executives on a daily basis. The outcomes of the work the squads perform has a greater impact on IBM's revenue.
Work Locations :- RTP, NC or Armonk, NY
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Client Relationship Management
• Business Operations
• Business Strategy
• Understanding of the New IBM Offering and Field Operating Model
• Capability to build and coach effective teams
• Collaboration across squads in their market
• Ability to manage small organization (up to 20 people)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Agile experience
• Managing Troubled Accounts or Critical Situations
• Risk Management
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top