The Sourcing Buyer primary role is to support IBM internal and external requirements for various commodities by selecting appropriate suppliers providing optimal cost, quality and delivery.
Main Responsibility Areas
- Application of commodity policy specified by sourcing strategy
- Gathering and comparison of quotes from selected suppliers.
- Negotiations with suppliers and supplier selection
- Complete supplier evaluations or fair value determination.
- Ensure that cost savings achieved is accurately recorded.
- Use of systems and tools specific to commodities as well as ensuring that information held on these is consistent with core purchasing systems (CSA / SAP etc)
- Represent transactional / local sourcing issues on conference calls as applicable
- Ensure that Operations-Tactical Buyers are aware of commodity specific information / instructions through up to date sourcing plans.
Main Contacts / Clients
Suppliers, Country Procurement Managers, Requestors, Operations-Tactical Buyers
Participates as individual contributor to team. Direct responsibilities for negotiations, supplier selection and fair value determination while ensuring clients' specifications are fulfilled. Decision making according to the council strategy and procurement rules.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Fluent English
- Fluent Romanian is preferred
- At least 1 year of work experience preferably in Procurement area
- Demonstrable Excel knowledge, Preferably some work experience
- Good verbal and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under targets and with deadlines
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Responsiveness & adaptability
- Client focused attitude
- Strong autonomy
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Higher Excel knowledge
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top