Solution Sales Specialist, Canberra (Infrastructure Services)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Permanent position based in Canberra
- Australian Citizen
Our clients are going through an incredible period of transformation. The norms around infrastructure and technology are evolving at a phenomenal rate. The IBM Infrastructure Services business has a long history of helping clients with their infrastructure, and we are evolving our value proposition along with the market.
The client's board and their shareholders are looking to the future, not the past. They want experienced and strategic partners to help them find competitive advantage in their industry and their market to expand their margins, enable their staff, improve their efficiency, bring new value through new products and services to their customers faster.
What we need is experienced solution sales professional with experience in new business development within Federal Government. The ideal candidate can help them understand how IBM services can modernise their environment, improve their governance and compliance posture, and unlock value in their budget to invest in growth.
Help develop and execute our infrastructure services strategy for Canberra services business using your knowledge of the Canberra market, such as Federal Government clients, including Opportunity Analysis and assessment;
Build professional relationships with key IT executives;
Engage with Customer IT and Business function to derive requirements and position IBMs opportunities;
Engage with IBM stakeholders within different teams to build collaborative offerings;
Own and progress opportunities from inception to closure.
- Ensures innovation is repeatable and contributes this collateral to solutions community through appropriate forums.
- Considers client growth path, client scalability, client IT strategy and business impact.
- Takes end to end view of the solution, ensuring elements within their responsibility deliver against the defined business outcomes, using standard components wherever possible.
- Suggests solution approaches that add client value.
- Delivers and owns, accurate financial models that are logically structured and reflect the technical solution.
- Influences clients, senior pursuit leaders, sales and sales support organisations, pursuit and enterprise alliance partners.
- Creates and raises standards for peers, domain experts, other contributors.
Skills and Experience Required
- 5+ years' experience selling within the Canberra market;
- Familiarity with vendors such as Cisco, VMware, Microsoft, AWS and others;
- Market intelligence: Understands the Canberra and/or Federal Government Market and have connections in the IT community. As well as being informed on Corporate Governance - understand the compliance landscape (Regulatory/Legislative/best practice/company policy);
- Experience of owning several complex ITT/RFI/RFP responses in competitive situations. Able to produce complete proposals for smaller engagements within own area of expertise;
Experience in crafting and proposing solutions to the customer, experience in Managed Security Services market;
- Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, financial issues, and technical concerns while maintaining depth in the core focus area.
Due to the nature of this work, you must hold an Australian Citizenship at the time of applying for this role.
As the world's biggest IT services and Consultancy Company IBM has your professional life in mind. With an extensive range of business areas, award-winning professional development and training programs and attractive flexible working options, at IBM we give you the power to design your career according to your unique style and needs.
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
8+ years in technology sales.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top