Solution Architect: Hybrid Solution
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your day in the role will include...
- Providing technical consulting bases of solution application enablement for AWS / IBM / Azure cloud (e.g. application which are cloud native, cloud enabled, transform to cloud) guidance along with adoption of client cloud strategies, process, standards and an enablement roadmap for client, focusing AWS cloud (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS capability).
- Responsible for collaborating on and setting cloud vision, providing thought leadership in cloud infrastructure and cloud services architecture to meet operational objectives for cloud solutions.
- Evaluate Application Portfolios of Large and Complex organizations and Develop Modernization Portfolios and Investment Strategy. Envision, design, and communicate the global IT target landscape needed to support the digital transformation to IT staff and C-level management.
- Assisting in defining Cloud Application Services portfolio of offerings & Provide leadership to bring new offerings to the market.
- Lead teams of consultants on a large &complex engagement. Willingness and humbleness to mentor developers and engage hands-on in development teams.
- Develop integrated project and program plans, including defining achievements and dependencies for client pursuits. Assist with financial modeling and business case development for Cloud Application engagements.
- Extensive experience in drawing proposals and presenting design and strategy concepts to C-level executives
- Supports development of frameworks, standard methodologies, various cloud patterns available for cloud service providers in space of PaaS and SaaS.
- Leadership skill to drive client benefits model for a desired cloud adoption e.g. pain vs. gain analysis, trade-off analysis for on-premise and off-premise cloud
- Strong management skill to get architects and designers along with his/her team to thrive client success
- Should have prior experience on working as a Client Architect
- Consulting with clients as a cloud technology evangelist around Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses that will help you
- You'll learn directly from guide developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to identify what really excites you
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Ability to deliver end-2-end consulting solution for AWS/Azure/IBM Cloud for large client or internal engagements.
- Strong knowledge on enterprise architecture and system engineering
- Guides in method, process, standards, standard methodologies for application transformation into various cloud services (e.g. AWS, IBM Cloud, Google, Softlayer, Rackspace, Azure etc.)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Expertise in business requirement gathering sessions, capturing user data requirements, understanding the user requirements, and assisting in the reconciliation of technical and business requirements as they relate to the cloud
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top