Solution Architect -AWS - All Major Cities Across Canada
As an IBM Solution Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Solution Architect you will lead and contribute to the design and delivery of end-to-end solutions based on Enterprise Integration technologies, Web / Mobile User Interface, for multiple clients, participating in the design, development, testing and deployment process.
With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, you will develop broad technical, industry and professional skills, work with a vast network of subject matter experts, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities.
In this role, successful candidates must be able to work with IBM clients to:
• Work with application development teams and effectively translate business requirements (e.g. business case, requirement specifications, non-functional requirement specifications & use case models / user stories) into technical solutions
• Develop solution architecture and work with client IT & business teams to build consensus
• Create macro & micro designs working with IBM and client development teams
• Develop application framework and establish foundation and standards for code development
• Lead Agile development team members to develop, test and deploy application components
• Lead proposal and RFP/RFI response development
• Develop sizing estimates and assist in creation of project plans
• Lead and manage design and delivery engagements at client locations
• Work closely with client's staff including technical executives, architects, and project leads, to provide technical guidance
• Support and mentor other technical team members
• Helps in Cloud Migration Solution Design and delivery through following: leads and builds Migration architecture solution for multi-cloud environment AWS (major), other clouds like Azure, IBM Cloud and IBM Cloud Paks.
• Leads and builds migration solution for hybrid cloud platform (on-prem, off-prem, dedicated cloud).
• Leads the team to design Migration strategy, migration tools, migration network requirement, application, database and integration component migration pathways.
• Leads the team to adopt right migration tools for various migration method for (rehost, refactor, rearchitect, replatform, containerization etc.).
• Leads and SME in Migration methodology and can lead the method adoption workshop, method tailoring as Client environment and Client industry.
• SME by providing significant contribution to Migration Project manager on Technical elements of WBS, estimation, migration risk, dependencies, Minimum viable product (MVP).
• Deep knowledge on AWS platform, service catalogue and candidate should have capabilities to map client platform and application deployment requirement into AWS platform specific services and configuration.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Understanding and experience in designing Microservices based architecture
• Solid understanding of Cloud technology and platforms (Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, OpenStack, Kafka and others)
• Experience working in an hands-on capacity with enterprise container technology including Kubernetes, Docker swarm, Meso is a plus
• Solid understanding on industry standards (HTML 5, REST, WSDL, SOAP)
• J2E application design and development experience using WebSphere, JBOSS, Oracle WebLogic / Fusion or other J2E platforms
• SOA and Web Services / REST API design, development and testing experience
• Ability to provide thought leadership and best practices for Single sign-on (SSO) and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and solution for Enterprise environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 10-15 year experience in Applying Consulting Techniques
• At least 5+ years experience in Applying IT Standards in the Creation of Integration Solutions
• At least 3-5 years experience in Applying Methodologies including agile development methodologies such as SAFE, LESS, DAD
• At least 5-8 years experience in Designing Application Integration Solutions that span both on-prem and/or Cloud based
• At least 3-5 years of Designing and Implementing REST and SOAP based Web Services based business capabilities
• At least 2-4 years of experience in defining and publishing APIs using SWAGGER, RAML
• At least 2-4 years of experience working with NoSQL databases
• At least 2-4 years of experience working with JSON
• At least 2-4 years of experience in defining XML Schemas for use by Web Services
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top