IBM Watson Financial Services Solutions - Software Services is responsible for the successful implementations of IBM Software Solutions for clients worldwide.
OpenPages seeks to recruit a world-class professional services person for the role of Solutions Architect. The ideal candidate will be a highly successful leader who has demonstrated both the technical and business savvy to craft software solutions to solve unique business issues in support of application software product companies.
To grow and strengthen our Professional Services team we are looking for an OpenPages' Solutions Architect who will be a savvy technical and business person with a history of creating and delivering application and system solutions to a broad range of industries and client types.
A Solutions Architect must have both the technical depth and domain expertise to command the respect of prospects and customers. Direct experience with enterprise risk and compliance is a requirement for this role.
Top Three Qualifiers:
1. Experience in a professional services business as part of an application software product company.
2. Exceptional leader, who has demonstrable experience in creating application software solutions.
3. Reputation for developing exceptional customer relationships at the executive level.
- To combine technical expertise with advanced product experience to deliver complex solutions to solve business problems
- To ensure the successful execution of design, development, and deployment tasks on project engagements
- To convert business requirements into an architecture and design that will become the blueprint for the customer's solution
- To act as a business analyst and technical services lead to coordinate the design and delivery of a solution.
- To become the recognised leader in analysing customer requirements and offering multiple, optimal architectural and technical solutions to business problems
- Generation of new business by identifying opportunities in existing accounts.
- Lead the delivery of technical solutions throughout each stage of the full systems life-cycle during the development and installation of software solutions.
- Participate in the development engagement work plans; identify resource requirements, and completing assigned tasks to budget and plan.
- Effectively identify and communicate any necessary changes to engagement scope
- Achieve technical expertise and develop reputation on one or more industries
- Develop executive level contacts in the business community
- As a mentor helps to develop our people to improve our domain expertise, client relationship skills to drive a high margin, profitable business that delights customers.
- As a member of the sales support team by providing technical input and reviews for proposals and presentations
- At least 8 years experience implementing business systems, resulting in the steady and progressive development of technical skills
- Has taken a leadership role in contributing to the development of practice methodologies, written white papers, or taken a leadership role in other company-wide initiatives
- Excellent professional appearance and business orientation with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the demonstrated ability to work with customers to achieve results
- Logical career progression that demonstrates a high level of commitment to the success of the individual, the team and company
- Strong track record of creative problem solving in a dynamic evolving environment with demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of new and innovative service and product offerings.
- Proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and fostering high levels of customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated experience in supporting a culture that focuses on employee enablement, process/methodology discipline, and operational efficiency
- Reputation of developing productive and trusting relationships with all functional areas (e.g. marketing, finance, sales, engineering)
- Bachelor's degree with strong technical and/or business exposure. Preferred majors include Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or Business. Advanced degree in Business, Information Systems, or Computer Science preferred
- Experience delivering professional services to a broad mix of industries
- Experience delivering professional services to the Financial Services industry
- Experience in sales and sales management
- Previous success working with third parties to leverage revenue production and services delivery
- Demonstrated ability to independently cultivate a project environment that is collaborative, productive, and effective in producing high quality work from all project team members
- Experience managing and negotiating the contracting process across a variety of payment terms (e.g., time and materials, fixed fee, etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Please check Job Description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Please check Job Description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top