IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Senior Solution Architect - Enterprise transformation - 24 months fixed term contract - Perth.
This position involves analysing IT requirements for customer's projects and designing of appropriate architecture so that the solutions are implemented in accordance with the client's requirements and IBM standards. Whilst, the position requires primarily architectural work (dealing with all components of an IT environment: server, network, security, storage, systems management, integration, backup and recovery), it is expected that the Application Architect also understands these technologies at a deeper level to be successful in the role. The role involves solutioning and delivery of complex projects/programs, including complex application and/or system integration projects. The core responsibilities include -
- Working with other technology architects, IT specialists, application developers and operations staff to create a solution to address requirements from diverse sources in complex environments and translate these into robust solution designs.
- The resulting design may run on multiple platforms and may be composed of multiple software packages and custom components. This role defines best practices in the critical evaluation and selection and / or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the applications and data, and the development of the application, including evaluation and selection of development methods, development processes, best practices and tools.
- Applications Architects are responsible for applications-related quality, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity.
- They are also responsible for the functional interface to applications and for ensuring application usability.
- Working with business sponsors to understand business strategies and objectives and ensue alignment of solutions developed
- Participate in client meetings to share ideas, present solutions and assist in clarifying queries to gain customer acceptance.
- Support full life cycle application development by providing architectural guidance in all phases (Define requirement, estimative, business analysis, architect designer, development, testing, and delivery).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 15+ years of experience in delivering work products in a range of technologies (including custom, packaged and cloud applications) and industries (one being Energy & Utilities)
- As a Senior Architect you must have, experience of leading large projects, managing complex delivery and Project Management to assist in planning & execution of projects/programs.
- Must have experience and ability to engage with the senior business stakeholders and Technical SMEs and to identify and design solutions to complex problem.
- You may have solid understanding of Enterprise Architecture principles to develop & govern various architecture disciplines, roadmaps, and strategies.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to communicate complex technical solutions to diverse audience.
- Must have strong experience in Microservices & Cloud Architecture, experience of Cloud native development, and Information Architecture.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience and business domain knowledge in Asset and Works Management domains
- Understanding of high-level business processes at various level
- Experience of pre-sales, and ability to contribute to proposals, state of work and change requests.
- Experience of working with multicultural and diverse teams across various geographies.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top