Solaris System Administrator
IBM Client Innovation Center Wroclaw & Katowice is now hiring experienced professionals!
Experience new and diverse professional challenges. Take your career further with IBM's Client Innovation Center in Wroclaw & Katowice. Be part of a multicultural team that helps our clients to transform how their IT services are delivered. You will discover a friendly team-focused environment: an inspiring workplace that provides an open and collaborative culture. Enjoy varied and challenging work - and grow your expertise through training and career development tailored to you. Shape your future by joining a global team that has driven client success for more than 100 years.
We are searching for experienced administrator of Solaris system, who would like to improve their technical skills in different UNIX technologies we are working with.
Solaris System Administrator is mainly responsible for administration of Solaris environment spread across multiple geographic regions. This includes:
- Solaris administration tasks
- Solaris device configuration
- Advanced troubleshooting
- Infrastructure designing and advisory
- Create, patch, and administer containers, Logical Domains (LDOMS) and Solaris Branded Zones
- Practical knowledge of ZFS Volume Manager.
- Solaris Multipathing
- File system tuning, management and configuration; performance tuning.
- Perform disk management for Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- OS / HW
- user, groups and roles management
- Experience with ILOM and OBP management for Sparc T5 series servers
- Hardware/kernel troubleshooting and problem identification.
- Kernel tuning using configuration files and system tools.
- Troubleshoot the UNIX boot process for Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Knowleadge of TCP/IP
- Solaris networkig configuration, (IPMP, AGGR, IB, Vlans)
- Solaris Cluster
- Installation, configuration, zones clustering
- BASH / PERL (optional)
- Networker Legato,
- Recover filesystems from Networker Legato
- Perform disaster recovery (real or simulated) actions as required.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risk, and protection needs. Conducts systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews.
- Familiarity with SuperCluster and its components.
- Knowleadge of iSCSI
- Trainings and certifications
- Private medical package and insurance package
- Multisport Card
- Working on international projects in multicultural teams
- Good to be an IBMer discounts
- Cinema & trips for IBMers
- Language classes
- Summer/Winter camps for children
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
As in Job Description
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
As in Job Description
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top