Software Test Engineer
As part of the rapidly growing and fast paced IBM Security organization, we are looking for a Software Test Engineer to be an integral part of a quality engineering team working on a Cloud-based Security offering.
You will work on a cross functional team using an Agile Lean Approach and utilizing SCRUM methodology to develop test cases that reflect the current iteration and user acceptance. You will be responsible for working closely with development and offering management teams to establish and maintain both automated and manual testing frameworks that will be used across the entire infrastructure of a cloud-based offering. You will also be exposed to other testing aspects of the product including performance, stability, and integration.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the organization and execution of tests, documentation of the testing results and for overall product quality.
Key job responsibilities will include:
- Creating and executing comprehensive product test plans, test cases and scripts.
- Test automation development.
- Actively participate in the Agile development process.
- Collaboration with the customer support team to understand/reproduce field issues.
- Assisting in accurately estimating the QA phase of software development cycle.
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and cloud environments.
- Be relentless on quality.
- Propose new ideas.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 2 years experience in software Quality Assurance in a related field.
- Understanding of UI driven testing.
- At least 2 years experience in test automation/scripting.
- At least 2 years experience in software development cycle .
- Solid understanding of agile software development life cycle, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Understanding of REST API - web services.
- Experience with enterprise orchestration and scheduling platforms such as Urban Code Deploy and Rundeck.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash or Python.
- Experience with Source Control Management tools such as Git.
- Experience with Linux operating systems such CentOS/RedHat/Ubuntu.
- Experience with Automation Test Tools - UI and Rest Testing.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top