Software Remote Technical Support
IBM is a global technology and innovation company. It is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with presence in 170 countries. The diversity and breadth of the entire IBM portfolio of research, consulting, solutions, services, systems and software uniquely distinguishes IBM from other companies in the industry.
The Client Innovation Center is the newest and largest IBM center in Sofia, Bulgaria. It is a hub of global importance for the company, providing end-to-end IT services, including network management, server systems operations, maintenance and monitoring of computer hardware and software covering some of the biggest world markets - US, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
At IBM you will have the opportunity to communicate with global teams who have different responsibilities, interests and knowledge. Here you will be placed in a dynamic environment, where you will be given the opportunity to raise your technical skills and become part of the IBM Systems Team.
Job scope of Software Remote Technical Support
The IBM i Global Support Center prides itself in providing quality remote technical support to its large Power Systems IBM i client base world wide.
Our Remote Technical Support Representatives provide technical assistance to clients and/or other IBM organizations using problem determination and identification skills to prioritize and diagnose problems to resolution.
Candidates must be able to quickly understand complex problems, use an analytical thought process, and be able to set up client environments to recreate problems.
Candidates must be comfortable in client-facing situations and being able to handle client environments where customer business operations have been impacted by application or system outages.
IBM is currently hiring a Technical Support Professional for the IBM i Server Software Support team.
Join an outstanding team of Technical Support Professionals who work with many Fortune 500 companies and businesses worldwide supporting mission critical IBM I server software.
You will be part of an award-winning support organization dedicated to providing the highest level of technical support and customer care to ensure our customer's success. This is a creative and fast-paced working environment
- Find solutions for customers with a wide range of IBM i Server software issues including answering how-to questions, trouble-shooting defects, analyzing performance issues and collaborating across IBM product areas to resolve problems.
- Become a trusted resource for customer questions on IBM i Server installs/upgrades/migrations, backup and recoveries, fix maintenance and using storage and virtualized storage solutions.
- Help troubleshoot server software problems utilizing IBM team expertise, knowledge content, testing and development discussions.
- Contribute to IBM knowledge content by creating and helping to manage documentation.
- Leverage your unique talents to help grow the IBM brand and advance the IBM I Global Support Center mission
The role requires shift rotation. US prime shifts dominate as they intend to serve the US business demands and need
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Education and professional experience:
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in relevant subject
Fluency in English
Skills and competencies:
• Customer-first mindset with high sense of ownership
• Highly-motivated, proactive problem-solver, that enjoys working with clients
• Excellent command of spoken and written English (C1 evel)
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
• Good computer literacy, OS, including MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Positive approach to change.
• Flexibility and ability to deliver in demanding and changing circumstances
• Ability to use clear/good judgment
• Focused & results orientated
•Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work within a virtual teams
•Ability to work effectively across cultures and geographies
•Ability to produce good work documentation
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
•Knowledge of the IBM I Operating System.
•Bachelorís degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related major
• At least one year of server software support experience
•At least one year of customer service experience
•Programming skills in current languages.
• Second French language is considered as advantage
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top