Software Engineer (m/f) @ IBM Client Innovation Center
- Bern, Switzerland
The IBM Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is an innovative and exciting part of IBM, working as IBM Global Business Services' technical delivery partner. We continually innovate for our customers, employees and shareholders. Our Technical Skills range from Application Development (Java, Front End, Full Stack, DevOps), Testing Services, Technical Support through to Microsoft. In addition to our technical expertise we can cover Delivery through Project Managers & Project Analysts, Business or Data Analysts.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you enthusiastic about technology and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in an environment where you shape the future?
Join the IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC)! Our team works with different technologies, methods and tools to develop solutions in client projects of IBM in various industries. Help grow the IBM Client Innovation Center (CIC) with your skills and expertise as Full Stack Java Developer in Bern.
- Integrate existing interfaces, adapt and develop new specifications with consideration of standards and design guidelines
- Support the preparation and executions of tests
- Ensuring that the generated software is operable and maintainable in the long term
- Responsibility of the entire software development process
What we offer you:
- Individual career path
- Access to countless trainings and certification offerings
- A knowledge sharing culture
- An environment where you are actively contributing your ideas
- The possibility to work in projects in one of the largest IT companies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A degree in Computer Science (IT apprenticeship graduates, higher education in IT, bachelor)
- At least 4 years of experience in software development with the focus on Java
- Experience with agile methodologies, test-driven development, source code management (Git)
- Good knowledge of Oracle DB / SQL / Hibernate
- Good knowledge of Eclipse IDE
- Fluent in both German and English is a must (written & spoken)
- Swiss nationality or valid Swiss work permit / EU passport
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in Continuous Build / Integration with Jenkins/Maven
- Experiene with Tibco Rendezvous and/or Tibco Web Messaging (TWM)
- Experience with Jira / Polarion
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
The Client Innovation Centre (CIC) is a new, innovative and exciting part of IBM. A fast-paced and dynamic business built to deliver high-value technical services to world renowned clients. All of our employees work in a consultancy environment on a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors. Every project has its own unique working environment - this enables our employees to build their experience, skillset and network.
Your Life @ IBM
We are proud of our training and development opportunities. As part of the CIC, you will be welcome to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses. With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. This will enable you to grow within our business which we support via promotion and progression opportunities.
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top