Software Engineer- IBM Research
- Bangalore, India
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are :
You will have 1-5 years of experience, with deep knowledge of computer science or related fields. Ability to learn quickly and work with a global team in an agile fashion are desirable traits.
What you'll do:
Software Engineer position at IBM India Research Lab is a challenging, dynamic and highly innovative role
- We are crafting new products and service offerings based on advanced text and content analytics, machine learning, natural language processing, and the Watson technology.
- You will build platforms for supporting personalized education, new methods of naturally interacting with enterprise infrastructure and systems, and new methods of delivering domain specific insights to customers.
- We are also conducting research on the next generation of cognitive interaction technologies.
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field.
- You'll have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- You should be proficient in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience in Machine Learning, Data and Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Information Extraction, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Blockchain, cognitive interaction technologies.
- J2EE development - proven programming experience and skills
- Data bases and data modeling
- Comfortable with software installation, configuration and system administration
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Distributed systems and applications, Cloud computing, Security
- Agile software development across technologies and languages.
- Work with a combination of open source and IBM technologies like Spark, RabbitMQ, Bluemix, Cassandra, Hadoop, J2EE, SOA among other and Compliance
- Industrial and Manufacturing
- Dialog and Conversational Systems
- Cognitive IoT Platforms and Solutions
- Deep Learning Algorithms and Infrastructure
- Knowledge Extraction Representation & Reasoning
- Natural Language Text Understanding
- Technical Support
About Business Unit
IBM Research is the innovation engine of the IBM corporation. It is the largest industrial research organization in the world with 12 labs on 6 continents. IBM Research produces more breakthroughs-more than 9 patents are produced every day-than any other organization in the world. IBM employs over 3200 researchers worldwide
Since its inception in 1998 as IBM Research's eighth laboratory, IRL India has crafted many breakthrough innovations and has emerged as a premier research lab in the region with an impressive list of achievements, including innovations in service delivery such as customer analytics, workforce management and global delivery management. In a short time, IBM's research laboratory in India has become a microcosm of the best of IBM research worldwide.
IBM Research India is currently building using cognitive technologies (machine learning, pattern recognition, software engineering, analytics) to solve problems in several industry domains such as Financial Services, Education, HR, Tech support, manufacturing, commerce and health, Energy and Utilities), solving unusual challenges in emerging markets such as spoken web, cleansing of noisy data, and scalable analytics platforms for the telecom industry.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top