The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud etc. IBM® Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defences and proven experts, so come make a difference & build a career.
What is your job?
As a security engineer, you will work as part of a team responsible for developing and maintaining SaaS Services which provide IBM Security products on Cloud. You will be involved in how to bring these services to market with the use of micro service architecture and selecting the latest technologies in order to achieve business requirements. You will have a strong technical background which enables you to troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. You will provide knowledge sharing to other team members with regard to technologies and new procedures. You must be proficient in working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong communication and teamwork skills as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
What do you need?
- At least 3 years of experience in developing highly available products.
- 1 year of hands on experience defining, deploying and maintaining infrastructure for the building, testing and monitoring of highly scalable multi-tenant enterprise solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of agile software development life cycle, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Knowledge of core concepts of DevOps
- Plus some of
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and cloud environments.
- Experience with Docker, Docker compose
- Experience with container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Helm
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible or Chef
- Experience with enterprise orchestration and scheduling platforms such as Urban Code Deploy and Rundeck.
- Experience with scripting languages Bash, Python
- Experience with Source Control Management tools such as Git
- Experience with Linux operating systems such CentOS/RedHat/Ubuntu
- Knowledge of related technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity
- Experience setting up monitoring solutions for infrastructure and services
- Understanding of security vulnerabilities and monitoring tools (such as Nessus, OpenVAS)
- Understanding of open source software (such as ElasticSearch, NGINX)
- Ability to work for one of the most advanced cybersecurity companies in the world
- Use the most modern software development tools to work on the leading edge of software development, building micro-services based cloud-first infrastructure
- Work in a team-oriented environment
- Work with a globally-distributed and international team, with a culture centered on success.
- One of the worlds most Trusted Brands.
- Opportunities for personal growth and charitable giving, such as the joining the IBM On
- Demand Community and the IBM Corporate Service Corps
- Opportunities for global travel
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience in agile software development methodologies
• Experience developing micro-services based platforms based on RESTful APIs
• 3+ years of professional experience developing in Java
• 3+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Ruby / Python / Go
• Experience developing in a service-oriented Cloud environment, such as Amazon AWS, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or others
• Willingness to take ownership of your code - you build it, you run it
• Ability to work with other geographically dispersed teams
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience working on extremely highly scalable platforms is a plus
• Experience in one or more of the following technologies is a plus: Apache Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Elastic Search, Node JS.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top