ToolBox@IBM is part of the IBM CIO organization that is helping to transform the way IBM works by
making it possible for IBMers to use the best tools in the world which support modern best practices. We
are dedicated to driving positive culture change throughout the company by providing tools and tool
automations that make it easier for IBMers to do higher value work. We focus on providing a worldclass
user experience for IBMers and we treat security as a fundamental aspect of this user experience. And we
use the latest techniques, practices and technology in the industry in order to successfully host large scale
mission critical infrastructure. We strive to keep learning and improving, and we work to share the
knowledge we have learned throughout IBM.
We cultivate an open, healthy, diverse, and engaging work environment where team members are
continuously gaining new skills which align with individual interests.
We're hiring a software engineer to expand our team that is building what we call "Powerups".
These are applications or bots designed to help IBMers get more value out of the set of tools which CIO is making available.
- Work with stakeholders across organization to identify opportunities on driving growth of product/service/solution
- Work with different vendors to understand how to properly architect solutions using their APIs
- Provide constructive feedback to vendors on their APIs and potential areas for improvement
- Properly monitor key metrics for applications as they scale across IBM
- Work with users to identify workflow improvements and build corresponding solutions using our tools
- Build solutions and also manage those solutions after they are deployed in production
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and principles, experience in an Agile team
- Understanding of DevOps practices (Continuous Integration/Delivery/Monitoring/etc)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Willingness to work with the entire stack (from the database to containers to monitoring and alerting)
- Ability to write and review code and make decisions regarding technical implementations
- Demonstrate ability to learn new domains
- Node.js programming skills
- Web app development
- General database knowledge
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Proficient in Node.js 8 (async/await)
- Experience building bots
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- MongoDB knowledge
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top