Software Development Team Leader
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Today's computing world is built on customer data - data is fundamental to every customer, whether it is in their datacenters attached to their private servers, or in private or public clouds. Having access to your data where you want, how you want and when you want has never been more important.
We are looking for a talented Software Development Team Leader to join our team and help us make it happen.
Who we are?
Our teams have a long history of successful innovation, including the world's first Storage Virtualization Data Storage Subsystems.
Our engineers get involved in every step of the product lifecycle from requirements gathering with sponsor users all the way through development and field support.
The group is responsible for the core capabilities of the award-winning range of Spectrum Virtualize storage software and devices (Storwize V7000, V5000, Spectrum Virtualize (SAN Volume Controller) and Flashsystem V9000 & 9100) . For a short visual introduction of our flagship product look here.
Our products combine many cutting-edge technologies such as virtualization, real-time frameworks, advanced data reduction and data placement algorithms, clustering, Fibre Channel, iSCSI & iSER, NVMe, Flash technologies and many others. All the above is used for a single and common goal: to deliver highly reliable storage services to many thousands of customers worldwide.
What will you do?
- Lead development life cycle in a challenging environment of emerging technologies
- Lead an experienced software development and test agile team with expected hands on deliveries
- Provide technical leadership internally to the team and externally
- Take active hands-on part: write performance-oriented code in C for Linux platform, while using cutting edge technology and handling different storage platforms
- Work with a success-driven worldwide international team
How will we help you grow?
- You will have the opportunity to work with talented experts in a global environment
- You will work in an energetic startup-like environment following Agile concepts and methodologies
- We will challenge you to think outside of the box, come up with creative ideas and support your process
- Substantial opportunity for career growth
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Who you are?
- BSc/MSc in computer science/computer engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years of development experience in C/C++ in Linux environment
- Proven record of leading development teams for at least 2 years
- Experience with concurrent programming, multithreading and synchronization
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English, Hebrew)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
You will have an advantage if you have
- Development experience with storage products or network protocols
- Working with industry standards
- Interoperability experience with partners, vendors and external teams
- Experience in leading test activities
- Familiarity with Linux kernel underlying hardware architecture
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top