Software Development Manager
Are you passionate about technology? Do you love building new things? Do you want to lead a team that is leading the industry in Data Science and Machine Learning? If you answered YES, then we have the right opportunity for you!
The IBM Data Science and Machine Learning is looking for a talented Software Development Manager to lead a growing team of highly motivated Software Developers that are building the next generation of IBM SPSS Modeler and Statistics.
The ideal candidate must have strong technical and management background and be very passionate about building and leading high impact teams. You enjoy working in a multicultural international organization and you have a passion for delivering high quality leading edge software applications. You have extensive experience with the Agile methodology and understand that you are responsible for setting the tone and tempo of your team - as such, you lead by example.
- Manage overall software development life-cycle
- Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
- Promote a culture of innovation, accountability, responsibility & sense of urgency
- Collaborate with your peers and technical leads to develop and implement innovative solutions
- Hire, coach, and mentor your team on an ongoing basis
- Manage Developers in an Agile environment, encourage a collaborative approach, guide the work of the teams.
- Offer hands-on assistance with work through familiarity with the tools, technologies and processes used in software development and QA.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3 years as a Software Development Manager in an Agile environment, preferably in the Data Science related industry
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and AI an asset
- Strong relationship building skills.
- You are approachable and will be recognized as a leader by earning your recognition.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can clearly articulate your ideas
- Passion for innovation.
- At least 3 years with Full stack development: Node.js, ReactJS, AngularJS, Shell script, Object-oriented programing languages (Java, C++, C#), GIT Source Control
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Docker, Kubernetes, Linux OS, Mac OS, CICD Pipeline tooling, e.g., Jenkins or Travis, Maven, Machine Learning /Data Science, Python, R, Scala
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top