Software Developer_IBM Digital
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are :
Highly motivated individual with high level of energy. Motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Should be able to translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. Work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. Responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact with in a web application. Team player who can work closely with designer, architect and other stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintain and improve website
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Design mobile-based features
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mckups and prototypes
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our SME's love to mentor.
- You will have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Relevant industry experience of 5 - 8 years
- Proven work experience as a Front-end developer
- Hands on experience with markup languages
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Knowledge of SEO principles
- Familiarity with software like Adobe Suite, Photoshop and content management systems
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bootstrap, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Exposure to Mobile frameworks.
About Business Unit
The IBM Digital Business Group is missioned with providing all consumers with an exceptional digital experience by making cloud and cognitive solutions available to all businesses. The group is responsible for designing and building world-class digital platforms and offerings that enable innovation and simplicity through modern digital technologies.
To that end, the DBG is responsible for positioning our products and offerings; transforming the experience our clients have with IBM; and streamlining our platforms, so they are simple, easy-to-use, and delightful. We'll accomplish this in part by being accessible and open. The DBG will support the end-to-end client journey, expand IBM's reach beyond our conventional, large institutional client base, and focus on the startup and developer communities. The DBG's winning aspiration is to "Unleash IBM to Empower the World," by:
Executing intelligent demand generation programs rooted in technology
Delighting customers with a world-class digital experience across our platforms
Providing access to digital experts trained to help clients consumer digital solutions
Making "believers out of buyers" and creating communications that evangelize IBM
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top