Software Developer_IBM Digital
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Highly motivated individual with high level of energy. Motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsible for server-side web application logic and integration of the work front-end web developers do. Back-end developers usually write web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers. Understanding of design principles Team player who can work closely with designer, architect and other stakeholders. Outstanding programming skills and a great passion for developing beautiful, innovative applications. Enthusiastic about creating core computational logic of a product, software or information system
Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand E2E product life cycle
- Understand design and align services development based on front end
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Collaborate with Front-end developers
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Provide training, help and support to other team members
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Learn about new technologies
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and system administrators
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be
- You'll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our SME's love to mentor.
- You will have the opportunity to work in many different areas to figure out what really excites you
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Relevant work experience of 5 - 8 years as a Back-end developer
- Proven experience in Node, Express MW (etc.), ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Docker, Kubernetes, Mobile frameworks, Json, REST API.
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of "session management" in a distributed server environment
- Responsible for writing the web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers
- Responsible for the server-side web application logic as well as for the integration of the front-end part.
About Business Unit
The IBM Digital Business Group is missioned with providing all consumers with an exceptional digital experience by making cloud and cognitive solutions available to all businesses. The group is responsible for designing and building world-class digital platforms and offerings that enable innovation and simplicity through modern digital technologies.
To that end, the DBG is responsible for positioning our products and offerings; transforming the experience our clients have with IBM; and streamlining our platforms, so they are simple, easy-to-use, and delightful. We'll accomplish this in part by being accessible and open. The DBG will support the end-to-end client journey, expand IBM's reach beyond our conventional, large institutional client base, and focus on the startup and developer communities. The DBG's winning aspiration is to "Unleash IBM to Empower the World," by:
Executing intelligent demand generation programs rooted in technology
Delighting customers with a world-class digital experience across our platforms
Providing access to digital experts trained to help clients consumer digital solutions
Making "believers out of buyers" and creating communications that evangelize IBM
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top