Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that literally make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Software Developer, you will:
Develop Cost and Asset Management application that uses analytics and machine learning in order to analyze big data/costing information of various cloud providers/services.
What you'll do:
As a Software Developer,
- Develop cognitive computing aspects of cloud brokerage, particularly AI Ops - Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations.
- Develop quality code in an agile process working with geographically distributed product manager/Business Analyst, Architects and Software Engineers
How we'll help you grow:
- You'll have access to all the technical and management training courses to become the expert you want to be.
- You'll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
- You'll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients. cldstrat
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8-12+ years experience with
- Using the cloud infrastructure (server, network, storage) for app development, deployment & hosting.
- SQL (Postgres) and NoSQL Databases
- Spark, Pandas, Numpy experience.
- Data modelling (relational and non-relational data stores)
- Microservice Architecture
- Building or using a REST API
ability to define clear & concise interfaces
- Using version control systems like Git.
- Data visualisation & UI technologies
define a layout in Angular / React and ability to work with UI/UX experts
- Automated & Continuous Delivery
ability to write /define unit tests, automated build, test, run
- Practical working experience with cloud computing technologies such as AWS, VMware, Azure, and/or Softlayer. Microservices Architecture, Kubernetes/Docker Deployment.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven record of developing and supporting enterprise class products and applications.
- Knowledge on Cloud Architectures - IaaS, PaaS and SaaS, Docker.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client's data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top