Software Developer for our DB2 Analytics Accelerator Team (m/f)
The IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Team (IDAA ) is looking for talented, experienced and enthusiastic software engineers to join the team. IDAA is an appliance like datawarehouse accelerator for DB2 on z which accelerates business critical queries by an order of magnitude. It is an hybrid system combining DB2 on System z strength by leveraging Netezza & dashDB in the cloud technology.
Employees in this role work in an agile development environment designing, implementing and testing a leading edge product. They also ensure that the components fits to customer needs, are usable, and ready to be integrated into the customer environment. Software engineers are responsible for the complete software development life cycle. Once the product is available in the market the software developer provides fixes for defects found by customers.
The team works within a worldwide development team. Strong communication and teaming skills are mandatory. Working with customer either on their issues, for feedback or requirements is important for our product. Experience of working with, or a desire to work with customers is therefore a plus.
Interested? Apply now with your full set of documents.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Database technology
- C, C++,
- Software Development
- English: Fluent
- German: Fluent
- Database architecture and technology in general, specifically DB2
- Knowledge about database specific design patterns like star schemas
- Ability to create, understand and work on new and/or complex algorithms and patterns
- Development in C and/or C++
- Optional knowledge about compression technologies
- Operation Linux and Windows / mainframe ( limited ) / cloud
- Client/Server technologies in a heterogeneous environment
- Communication, teaming, fun working with customers
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top