Software Developer - DevOps
IBM Hybrid Cloud is looking for a Software Developer - DevOps to join our Cognos Analytics team where you will have an opportunity to build a cloud solution using best practices for customers. You will have an opportunity to work on a team that doesn't have walls or barriers but delivers what is needed to our customers.
The successful candidate should be passionate about continuous delivery of code, always delivering for the customer, passionate about quality and interested in latest cloud software trends for delivery of premier SaaS products to customers.
You should be able to work independently and collaborate with others. We are looking for a candidate who is willing to challenge the team with well thought out ideas on cloud best practices.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Build railway for delivering software changes rapidly from development to customers
- Implement solutions that ensure known quality is delivered to customers
- Develop best practices for isolating risky code changes and minimize impact to multi-tenant customers
- Drive a cloud first agenda with development teams, through education and action
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years of development experience on Linux OS
- At least 5 years of Linux shell scripting
- At least 3 years of development experience using docker containers
- At least 2 years of Kubernetes experience
- Strong written and communication skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Strong skills in groovy, bash and python (5+ years)
- Experience with ansible, chef, or puppet (2+ years)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top