Software Developer - Cloud Infrastructure
Software Engineers in IBM Hybrid Cloud design, build and deploy complex and highly reliable applications and services to provide optimum integration into Enterprise IT systems, with capabilities to create a dedicated instance for each customer.
As a Software Engineer in our Storage Development group, you will use your PHP programming skills to engineer scalable technologies. In this role you will be responsible for development in the areas of cloud storage and data encryption, including APIs and hybrid cloud integrations.
Sound interesting? While fully participating in all SCRUM activities in an agile team space, here's what you'll also have the opportunity to do....
Design and develop one or more product features or sub-systems
Produce code that is sufficiently supported by unit tests and functional tests
Develop and maintain technical documentation related to the project
Code review peer's work
Triage and solve live development-related issues that arise
Employ CI/CD methodology to measure and improve performance of code and/or database(s)
You apply creativity and judgment to your developmental work on different projects, and jump at the chance to share your findings to make those around you better at what they do. You recognize complex problems related to functional objectives quickly, analyze situations and implement solutions to fix them.
We believe you are a good fit for this role if you:
Are passionate about development and eliminating mundane and repetitive work
Have a strong OOP background
Are able to work across multiple platforms/OS (Linux AND Windows)
Possess strong analytic skills and a high desire to develop quality code in an agile process
Are a systematic problem solver at heart, agile and adaptable in the face of changing priorities
...Who You'll Work With...
You'll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and geographically distributed team of engineers and other functions such as Architecture, QA, Product Management and Delivery to design and develop advanced capabilities. We come to work thrilled knowing it will never be the same day twice. This variety enables us to be innovative convergent thinkers who juggle competing requirements with agility.
Today's operating environment demands a stack that's responsive to the innovative enterprise - one that can leverage all data types & access the latest technologies. By 2020, businesses will commit at least 50% of IT spend on cloud. Be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals. We're hiring.....JOIN US.
#swdev #PHP #Oracle #PaaS #SOAP @IBMCloud #SQL #container #linux #svn #automation #github #SDLC #API #storage #softlayer #XaaS #JIRA #SCRUM @caffeinate_adam #IBMToday #CICD #SaaS #PHP5
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 3+ years' experience of development with and maintenance of PHP 5.x or higher
• 3+ years' experience working with NetApp or other storage platform
• 3+ years' development experience with SQL (Oracle, MySQL), Go-Lang, Java, C or C++
• 3+ years' experience with basic UI Development (CSS, HTML, JS, etc.)
• Experience with NAT, Containers and Linux Technologies
• Experience working with Automation processes and tools
• Experience working with SVN applications/products/tools
• Strong familiarity with data structures and design patterns
• Github Enterprise knowledge
• Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM-based environment
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• 3+ years' experience of delivering code for active Cloud services/projects
• Understand Go Languages
• Have worked with Softlayer and Security projects
• Experience with cloud computing technologies such as AWS, VMware, Azure, and/or Soft-layer
• Integration experience with enterprise tools and back office systems is a big plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top