Software Developer, C++
IBM is a leading provider in the development and delivery of enterprise risk solutions that enable growth, innovation and the efficient use of capital.
Under the Algorithmics brand, we have a tightly integrated team of Software Developers and Quantitative Financial Professionals that work together to design and develop innovative Risk Management solutions. The development team is based in downtown Toronto and our clients include some of the leading financial institutions worldwide.
As a member of the Algo One development team, you will participate in the design, development, and support of our core risk management application. This application helps users make financial decisions, specifically to assess risks such as market and credit risks. You will be involved in many areas including Software Architecture, Performance, and Financial Risk Management. You will also have the opportunity to provide client problem resolution and technical support to our implementation teams.
Your success will be measured by your contribution to the success of the product, to effectively combine your creativity with discipline required to assure stability and performance, and to effectively communicate with other members of the team as well as internal and external clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 3 years experience in C++
- Comfortable with cross-platform development (Linux, Solaris, AIX, Windows) and command line.
- Well-versed in modern application design paradigms
- Must possess knowledge of Object Oriented design and Templates
- Experience with C++11 is a plus.
Familiarity with software development tools such as; gdb, valgrind
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and interact well within a team atmosphere
- Enthusiasm to learn and expand knowledge in the area of Risk Management
- Familiarity with Market pricing - Fixed Income, Equity, Derivatives, is a definite plus
- University degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Actuarial Science or Physics.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top