The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud etc. IBM Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defences and proven experts and we are looking for Software Developers to join us and help make a difference.
Why join IBM Security?
- Work for one of the most advanced cyber security companies in the world and one of the world's most trusted brands
- Use the most modern software development tools & technologies to develop & deliver state-of-the-art software for on-premise & Cloud deployment, App development & micro services
- Work with a globally distributed and international team, with a culture centred on success
- Very competitive compensation and benefit package
- A world of opportunity for career growth
The IBM Security Intelligence team in Belfast require a Software Developer to join the team developing and supporting next generation solutions for the QRadar product suite. This is your chance to develop innovative new technology products, as well as advance your career.
You'll be involved in the development of new QRadar product features for on-premise deployments as well as for the Cloud. The Belfast team also develop & release QRadar Apps, available for download by QRadar customers via the IBM X-Force App Exchange.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate solid conceptual and technical skills as you develop, implement, and eventually help to run core infrastructure components to back IBM Security's cloud portfolio of products
- Develop software as part of an agile software development team
- Collaborate with Architects, Product Management and customers on new feature design
- Collaborate with the Customer Support team to assist in troubleshooting field issues
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to ensure a quality product delivery
- Ensure delivered code follows secure coding practices and guidelines
- Ability to adapt to new and existing technologies quickly
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in Computing Science or a related subject
- Java experience
- Unix experience
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with source control (GitHub etc)
- Good understanding of Object Orientated Software Design
- Good knowledge of Web Development technologies.
- Database Experience - e.g. Postgres
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven Experience dealing with customers
- Understanding of Vulnerability & Risk Management
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top