As a Software Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world's technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Software Developer you will have a chance to build innovative web applications with a focus on using .NET as well as modern technologies. Your task will be to deliver high quality, thoroughly tested code in a fast paced environment. You'll work in a team centric environment where a culture of innovation allows your input and ideas to become part of the solution.
• Under general supervision, develops and enhances low to medium complexity web applications written using .NET framework as well as modern JS frameworks
• Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those software applications.
• Competent to independently work on most phases of development activities; requires instruction and guidance in phases.
• Completes project work or other tasks as assigned.
Soft Skills Required:
• Excellent customer focus, positive "roll up the sleeves, and get it done" attitude
• Willing to pair often with colleagues for imparting development and training
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Good presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail, disciplined and reliable
• High motivation and confidence levels
• Inclination to understand and learn application/business functionality quickly
• Willing to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes
As a Special Terms Employee (STE) with IBM Global Services in Canada, you'll be aligned to innovative project assignments, working with IBM colleagues and clients, leveraging your experience and specialized capabilities. You'll have an opportunity to cultivate your expertise, use your knowledge to the fullest extent and work with the best and brightest in the industry. The STE employment category enables IBM Canada to obtain specific skills quickly and for an unspecified period of time, driven by client requirements and project priorities. Explore how working at IBM aligns with your career aspirations and goals by reaching out to IBM Recruiters.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
• Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
• Generally 5+ years of professional experience.
• A solid understanding of Web Services and interacting with web services
• Experience developing web/mobile solutions using C#, MVC, Razor, JQuery, Ajax and Bootstrap
• Good understanding of modern JS framework such as React or Angular JS, Flux or Redux application architectures
• Must be on-site for this position and able to travel within the GTA.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Prefer candidates that possess a knowledge of IBM's internal structure and processes.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible. Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to top