As a member of the QRadar Integration Services Team, you will be responsible for the integration of third-party events and vulnerability data into Q1 Labs' flagship network security management solution, QRadar.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Research the logging/messaging capability of log sources and determine the best method for integrating them
- Collect, analyze, and classify sample log messages and create methods for parsing them
- Work with internal groups to implement, test, and document device support, including processing, alerting, and reporting capabilities
- Work independently and with a group of peers; especially cross-functional teams in a development environment
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3-5 years experience developing commercial software using Java
- At least 3-5 years experience with Regular Expressions
- At least 3-5 years experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- At least 3-5 years experience with unit and integration testing
- At least 3-5 years problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills
- Self-driven with attention to detail and quality Additional Qualifications:
- Experience XML, XML Schema and Document Type Definition (DTD), APIs for manipulating XML
- Development experience with relational databases
- Knowledge of security best practices and methodologies
- Experience with a broad range of Java technologies (e.g., JMS, JNI, JDBC, ...)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with GIT
- Scripting experience using an exhibited language such as Perl and/or Python (additional scripting language knowledge a plus)
- Demonstrated understanding of networking protocols and principles
- Experience in security log analysis, application log analysis, and general log management best practices
- Knowledge of log transport protocols
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Meet Some of IBM's Employees
Leadership Development Solutions Leader
Peter works with a variety of teams within IBM to increase organizational clarity, equip leaders to serve well, and provide opportunities for employees to continually grow and expand their skills.
Back to top